Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's the little things

Remember this hard working corner in my kitchen? Probably not, so let me introduce you.
You see that funny tube on the counter? It was mounted up under the cabinet, but it was missing something... We couldn't figure out how to turn the darn thing on. Turns out, there was a little spot on the end where a plug might have supposed to have been. Anyway, I'm getting off track.  While we were buying under cabinet lighting for the condo, I petitioned for one for the dark corner in our kitchen.
Tada!
My, now glowing, bread board and bananas make me smile!  
It's still ugly paint color and gross handles and knobs. I want to lighten the cabinets and get a pretty counter and backsplash and appliances, but those are ideas for later. Right now, I have a fairly cheap and inconspicuous solution to "the dark corner". And, it makes me smile.
I might need to get another for the other side of the kitchen, you know, so it doesn't feel left out... In the dark!

What's making you smile this week?

No comments: