Monday, August 12, 2013

Eye Glue by Noah

This morning when I asked Noah if he slept well I got a story worth sharing.  It started with some eye rubbing and "yeah, I can't get the eye glue out to wake up this morning."  Then he launched into a story about how "eye glue" works for him to sleep good.  I'll do my best to transcribe it as he told and my memory kept it for the day.

When I go to sleep, after my eyes are closed, I have little pet bugs that put my eye glue in.  Eye glue comes as little tiny dots that they lay on top of my eyes.  The little pet bugs keep the eye glue in a jar with a tight lid, but if they work together they can get it opened.  The jar of eye glue is kept on the shelf in dad's workroom, so the bugs go down there under the doors and you don't see them.  They get the eye glue jar and bring it all the way up to my room.  The lid is on tight, so they work together and they get it opened.  Then they put one little dot of eye glue on each of my eyes.  The dots of eye glue are little tiny (he holds up his hand with his index finger curled all the way up).  That's how I sleep like a rock with my eyes glued shut.  In the morning, I have to rub and rub to get the left over glue out so I can open my eyes.  Sometimes that's hard to do.  And my little pet bugs are so small you can't see them.  And they help me to sleep good.  I love my little pet bugs (he closes his eyes and snuggles his blankie).

The end.

Next time you need help falling asleep, you can just get some imaginary little pet bugs to apply some eye glue for you and you'll sleep like a rock!



No comments: