Friday, January 3, 2014

Settling in at the white house.

Here' same peek at our new Master bedroom and bathroom. It's one of the few places in the house with Sheetrock walls rather than plaster, so I was able to hang a few pictures.
A few of you asked how we're working with the big built-in desk situation in our bedroom...
I just managed to get rid of that TV, it's the kind of thing that you almost can't give away, so I was pleased that Freecycle came through for me. I have parked a few more craft items on "my side". I think I will get to use the other side too because Brian just doesn't see a use for another desk...

Random shot of the laundry. We had a hamper that I couldn't figure how to fit it, and I'm just stacking the 3 white baskets on the dryer for now. It's working for me. We think that this space will become a main floor half-bathroom and laundry will get moved back to the basement. It's a little weird for guests to use the facilities, if you know what I mean.
A couple more shots of the bedroom. I'm dreaming of better window treatments than somewhat broken shutters, but we have to get to "doing" this room before I'll tackle that.
I'm really surprised that Brian hasn't taken his paint brush into here yet?!

What do you think will come first? What would you do with this space?

No comments: